Welcome to the Cat Enright Stables Blog!

Cat Enright made her debut appearance in the mystery The Opium Equation
(September 2011, Cool Titles) by Lisa Wysocky. Here, Cat and her stable crew,
including Jon Gardner, Darcy Whitcomb, Agnes Temple, and Sally Blue (Do not
ask how a horse can blog. Sally is psychic. It just happens.) keep you informed
of their doings between their book adventures.

Monday, April 16, 2012

Validation

Who knew my life was so interesting? The Opium Equation, the book that was just written about us, is up for a SECOND award! This one is from American Horse Publications, which is exceptional in my mind because I know some of the journalists and publications who belong that that great organization.

This is all so much validation for me. You might not realize it from reading the book, but I suffer from a teensy amount of low self esteem. All that breaking into my neighbor's houses is just a front. And my mouth, it's just my Irish temper getting the best of me. Inside I am still a motherless little girl lost in doubt. So these awards are especially nice. Nice too for the horsewoman who wrote about us, Lisa Wysocky. You should check her out, she's pretty cool.

In other news, we are headed to a bunch of horse shows. Bob, Gigi, Petey, and Sally Blue, along with a few new horses will travel in the trailer, while Jon, Agnes, Darcy, Hank, and I get the cab of the truck. Even with front and back seats it gets pretty crowded, especially when Agnes swivels around to hang her head out the window so she can wave her pom poms at passing cars. I keep telling her she's going to get us all arrested, but that's another story.

Until next time,

Cat Enright
Owner/trainer, Cat Enright Stables, Ashland City, Tenessee

No comments:

Post a Comment